On-Site and Virtual Workshops
All workshops are
available in both classroom and virtual formats.
Virtual workshops are usually 6 hours long, divided into 90-minute, 1 hour, 2 hour,
or 3 hour segments over 2-4 days. Shorter versions can be customized to your needs.
Exceptional Customer Experience should not be difficult. More often than not, an exceptional experience comes down to the human interaction that creates it. In this workshop, Steve teaches how to consistently achieve a customer-centered interaction between employees and customers, both internal and external, and how to manage, meet, and exceed customer expectations.
Leading an organization that is trying to create and maintain a human-centered culture takes more than the leadership skills taught in generic leadership courses. In this workshop, Steve shows how you can help your team become laser-focused on customers and create experiences that are better than expected and different from your competitors.
The best human-centered companies are always asking the question, “How does this affect the customer?” They have human-centered leaders who coach their people with a focus on the same question. In this workshop, Steve shows how this coaching and feedback can be tailored to generate exceptional customer relationships and highly engaged employees.
Having a human-centered Organization takes an organization-wide commitment to putting people at the center of everything it does. Then, and only then, can we create the ultimate Customer Experience (CX). In this hands-on, enlightening workshop, we teach the concepts and techniques to keep the focus on customers and treating people as people, increase loyalty & profitability and exceeding expectations.
It’s Not Rocket Service:
Managing, Meeting and Exceeding Customer Expectations
In this workshop, we focus on the human interaction between employees and customers, both internal and external, and why customers behave the way they do.
Participants learn and practice showing empathy, apologizing, connecting immediately, asking questions, listening, explaining, and dealing with difficult customers, as well as your client-specific issues.
You Will Learn:
- Why difficult customers are not necessarily difficult people when faced with difficult situations. Many factors go into why a customer is difficult.
- The importance of knowing that all customers and all employees are human beings, not account numbers, demographics, or the sum of their purchases.
- How customer interactions are never about you and always about the customer.
- How to empower people with clear understanding of when, where, why, and how they can make decisions for or about the customer.
- Why you can feel safe trusting customers with the truth. ALL customers.
Leadership for a Human-Centered Organization
In this workshop, Steve shows how to build human-centered values into the organization and helps leaders become a values-based leadership team. Such leaders will inspire employees to help their teams become laser-focused on customers. The entire team will create experiences that are better than expected and different from your competitors.
You Will Learn:
- How the best leaders consistently show employees how their work affects their customers and establishes a unified culture in your team.
- Why Human-Centered leaders must work hand-in-hand with team members to put together a vision that the members can rally around.
- Why employees need to look toward an end result they can believe in and follow.
- How Human-Centered culture begins with hiring Human-Centered people, including managers.
- Why it’s so important to make Human-Centricity the largest focus in employee reviews and compensation.
Coaching with Your Customer in Mind
In this workshop, Steve shows how this coaching and feedback can be tailored to generate exceptional customer relationships and highly engaged employees.
You Will Learn:
- How tying coaching questions, feedback, possible solutions, and accountability to customer/employee relationships can significantly improve performance.
- Why many, if not most managers don’t coach their people
- How to use a five-step goal-setting process that involves the organization, the department, the manager and the employee for the benefit of the customer.
- How to get personal in your discussions without becoming too personal
- How to use coaching to create more engaged employees who trust their managers and enjoy coming to work.
The Human-Centered Organization:
Taking Employees and Customers to the Pinnacle of CX
In this hands-on, enlightening workshop, we go deep into what it means to be human-and customer-centered. We show attendees the background, concepts and techniques to help keep the focus on customers and treating people as people – individuals with their own wants, needs, impulses, hearts, and minds. We can then use these things to increase loyalty, customer profitability and exceed customer expectations at every touch point.
You Will Learn:
- How putting the human touch in everything we do will change the way customers perceive us.
- Why every policy, every procedure, every process needs to be vetted through one powerful question: Is it good for the customer?
- How to use journey maps and other tools to determine the best use of resources for instituting a Human- and Customer-Centered environment in the organization.
- The importance of emotions and memories to achieving long-term human relationships and customer loyalty.
- How to determine what the differentiators are between you and your competitors.